Installing Sympl on Mythic Beasts
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mythic Beasts provide support to Sympl, and their virtual servers can have Sympl installed for you automatically.
- Once you have your server provisioned, browse to the Mythic Beasts control panel.
- For the
Operating system, select
- For the
Hostname, provide a hostname for the server. This can be left as the default if wanted. Ensure that the DNS for the custom hostname has already been updated, or the Sympl install will fail.
- In the
SSH Keysbox, paste your SSH public key. This will be used to log in as both the
rootuser, and the
sympluser once the server is imaged.
- The installation will now happen. This can take a few minutes, and will seem to stall at 97% as Sympl is installed, but don't worry!
- Once Sympl has been installed, SSH to the server as either the
- New user information and a temporary password for the Sympl user is available by running
- Remember to set a new (long and unique) password for the
- Check the Getting Started page for your next step!